Made with green chillies, cilantro and other spices, this chutney has all the flavors of green chilies but less spicier. Amma mentioned this recipe after she made it and I tried it instantly. Green peppers, Cilantro, Ginger & Garlic further accentuates the flavor of this chutney. Give it a try and you would fall in love with the chilli flavored chutney.
- 7 to 8 Bhajji Milagai / Anaheim Chili Pepper
- 2 shallots sliced approx ¼ cup
- 1 inch piece ginger and 2 small pieces of garlic
- 4 green chilies
- 4 red chilies
- gooseberry size tamarind OR ½ teaspoon tamarind paste
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander (adjust)
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cut the chili peppers into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan. Sauté the shallots and let them turn soft. Add the slit green chillies, red chillies, ginger and garlic. Sauté well for few minutes.
- Now add the chili peppers and sauté for a few more seconds. Lastly add the tamarind. Remove and keep aside.
- Grind the sautéed chili peppers along with fresh cilantro and grated coconut to chutney consistency/ coarse paste adding some water.