There are umpteen number of recipes for Cauliflower 65 on the net and you might ask why am posting then? My blog is more of a journal of recipes that I try and publish only when I think it is almost close to perfection (although there is always room for improvement). I refer to my recipes next time I make it. I always had one complaint from my husband that I am not consistent in cooking and this is a way to correct this mistake of mine.Here is my version of Cauliflower 65 that I make at home.
For Deep fry:
- 1 big cauliflower cut into small bite size pieces
- ½ cup besan/chickpea flour/kadalai mavvu
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- a pinch of red food color( optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust)
- ½ diced cup onions, chopped
- ½ diced cup bell peppers, chopped
- 3 to 4 green chillies cut into 1 inch piece
- 2 tablespoon green onions (white part)
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon green onions ( green part)
- coriander & curry leaves to garnish
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Wash the cauliflower well, Drain the water and mix all the ingredients for deep frying. Mix water if necessary ( the cauliflower has to be well coated). Deep fry in small batches and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai/ pan and add onions, bell peppers, green chillies, green onions (white part), curry leaves and little salt just for the onions. Sauté well for few minutes .
- Now add chilli powder and soy sauce. Mix well and add fried cauliflower florets and sauté on high heat about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with green onions ( green part).