Global Kadai, the food blog event that showcases Global Flavor in an Indian version, has completed a year this month. The past year, intelligent food bloggers participated and came up with Indianised versions of different Global recipes. My sincere thanks to all the hosts and the participants for sharing their culinary wisdom.
To continue, I am extending an invitation to fellow food bloggers to host the GLOBAL KADAI event for the year 2011-2012. More about the event below:
“Global Kadai” is a food blogging event, showcasing Global Flavor in an Indian version. Many of us come across various cuisines from different parts of the world where the recipes are familiar and similar to Indian cuisine. When I look at a recipe in a book, magazine, blog or on TV, I try to modify them with the spices and ingredients I have at home or which I am familiar with. The result is an India Inspired, “INDIA~nised” dish with an International Flavor.
This event will bring the creativity of food bloggers to try different recipes from around the globe giving an Indian twist and thereby creating a new look at Indian Influence on Global Cooking. Creating your own take on international cuisine is interesting once you've learned a few things about the core ingredients that build the dominant flavors in these diverse global cuisines.
“Global Kadai” will be an online monthly food event for all food bloggers who want to host an event. The host will choose a recipe from around the world. To participate, use your imagination and creativity to modify the given recipe the Indianised way. Send in your entries to the host, who will do the roundup and showcase all your entries the following month.
Guidelines For the Event:
- Feature a recipe from any cuisine of the world. Make sure to provide a link or source of the recipe.
- Include a link back to this post for future references.
- Announce the event on your blog by the first week of the month so that it will give plenty of time for the participants to prepare, take pictures, write and post their entry. Previous entries are allowed. Non-Bloggers can send in their entries too.
- Post the roundup of all entries the following month. Eg: For the month of January, announce the event during the first week of January and the round up will be posted during the first week of February.
- Feel free to use the logo.
Interested to host this event?To host this event, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write a comment. I will update the list as soon as someone is interested for a particular month.
Dear Readers, I would like to have your input on this event. Please feel free to send in your feedback OR suggestions to email@example.com.
WISHING YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS !