ushroom/Mushroom stir fry/Mushroom Saute/Mushroom snack
Made from the most humble ingredients~mushrooms stuffed with spices and potato are tasty treats for an appetizer. Making a healthy appetizer or snack for my daughter is a daunting task for me and this recipe was definitely a winner. Do try it with the spices of your choice and your family would appreciate the flavorful mushrooms.
My contribution to GLOBAL KADAI, the recipe featured this month for GLOBAL KADAI is “Stuffed Mushroom” @ Sumi`s Kitchen. I have Indianized for the event with ginger, garlic, potatoes and mutton masala.
- 12 Button Mushrooms (preferable large ones)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup mashed potato
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mutton masala
- 1/4 cup shredded mozorella cheese
- Salt to taste.
- Preheat the Oven to 350° F/200°C
- Wipe the Mushrooms with a wet towel, to remove all the dirt.
Remove the stalk and the rims with a knife.Reserve the stalk.
- Finely chop the stalk and set aside.
- In a pan add oil and when its hot add the onion and saute until golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell leaves.
- Now add the chopped mushroom stalks and saute well.
- Add the pepper, masala powder and salt, stir well for a few minutes. Mix in the mashed potatoes and let it cool.
- Apply some oil over the mushrooms and arrange in a baking tray and bake for 10 mins.
- Now tightly stuff the baked mushrooms with prepared stuffing.
Sprinkle the shredded mozerrella cheese over the top and bake for another 10- 12 mins or until the cheese melts and golden spots appear on the top.
Serve while still warm.