Is celery a boring vegetable to you? Well, it might be until you have tried this juice. I have for many years enjoyed sugarcane juice during the hot summer days while growing up in Hyderabad. Sugarcane, ginger and lime makes it my all time favorite. I recreated the same recipe with celery. The classic old fashioned sugarcane juice takes a modern turn with a twist of celery and a dash of ginger.
Celery, like most vegetables is high in fiber, which is important for helping our digestive system to work the way it is supposed to. Celery also contains high amounts of vitamin C and vitamin K. One stalk of celery contains about 10 calories. Some contend that it contains "negative calories," meaning that one spends more calories digesting it than are consumed, which supposedly helps with weight loss.
- 1 bunch celery
- 2 cups water
- a very small piece ginger (1/2 inch piece )
- 2 key limes or approximately 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoon honey or 4 teaspoon sugar
- Combine celery and ginger with water in a blender or juicer. (I have used Pretti Super extractor). Strain the juice if using a blender.
- Add juice of lime ( I used two key limes)
- Mix in honey or sugar. Combine well.