Some of the greatest tasting dishes call for very simple ingredients, such as this stir fried Beans. Beans stir fried to perfection with onion, garlic and red chilli flakes and drenched in soy sauce is my daughters favorite. We had stir fried green beans at a Chinese restaurant and she started liking them ever since. A perfect accompaniment to go with Chinese Fried Rice or just hot steaming white rice. Give it a try with you favorite Chinese seasoning and you will fall in love with the ever versatile Green Beans.
- 1lb tender french beans
- 1/2 cup finely sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 3 teaspoons red chilli flakes
- 2 to 3 whole red chillies
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- a tablespoon of finely chopped spring onions( the green part )
- 3 tablespoon oil.
- Wash beans; trim ends and remove strings. Boil beans for 5 minutes. Drain and plunge into cold water, drain again.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray and add oil. Place over high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add beans and turn beans often to coat. Now add the red chilli flakes and the whole chiliies, sauté well for few seconds.
- Add the sliced onions and sauté well until the onions turn color.
- Finally add the soy sauce and sauté well until beans are well coated. Serve warm.
TIPS: Salt is not needed for this recipe, the soy sauce adds enough salt for the beans. Always serve while warm.