Pepper Chicken/Indian Style Pepper Chicken
I made Pepper Chicken for dinner last night, a spontaneous recipe with black pepper adding depth and pure 'heat' to the chicken. I decided to make it Indian style Chinese Pepper Chicken with some ginger, garlic, onions and green peppers. An effortless recipe for any Black Pepper lovers.
- 3 cups chicken(cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup green bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt if needed
- Marinate the chicken strips with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, ginger garlic paste and pepper for 10 minutes.
- Heat up a wide pan or Kadai/wok and add oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked.
- Add in the sliced onions and saute until aromatic ( do not let it become soft )and then add the bell pepper. Add in soy sauce, sugar, and salt if needed (if you are using less sodium soy sauce then you may need some salt).
- Continue to stir-fry for few seconds on high heat, Dish out and serve hot with some fried rice.
TIPS: Increase OR decrease the amount of pepper according to your taste buds.Adding sugar is optional, it helps in balancing the heat from the pepper. Sliced Carrots and Zucchini can be added.