Chicken Liver Pepper Fry
My husband is a natural cook and cooking comes to him easily. He is great critic too. When I cook for huge gatherings, all I need is his verdict and no one can second him. He is the one who cooks occasionally and manages to get an applause too.
On numerous occasions, he has made BBQ, Chicken curry,Biryani and much more. He has convinced his In- Laws that he is the better one in making Biryani. Chicken liver fry is one of his recipes with loads of pepper to give it a nice spice kick to the Liver.
List of ingredients :
- 2 cups chicken liver cleaned and cut into bit size pieces
- ½ cup finely sliced onions
- ½ of a tomato finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Few curry leaves and lot of finely chopped cilantro
- In a iron skillet/Kadai, heat about 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the onions to light brown color. Then add curry leaves.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute well. To this add the chilli, turmeric, coriander powders. salt and fresh ground pepper powder. Mix well and add the tomatoes. Saute well untill oil seperates.
- To the masala add the liver and cook on low flame. It takes about five minutes to cook.
- Finely add finely chopped cilantro.
Tips: This is a very spicy recipe, therefore adjust the spice level according to your taste buds. For a thicker gravy, add a little more tomatoes.