Chappati with Cabbage and Peas Curry
"The old Romans having expelled physicians out of their commonwealth, did for many years maintain their health by the use of cabbages, taking them for every disease."-16th century historian.Cabbage is widely used in Tamil cuisine.Poriyal kootu,varuval are some of the varieties. Cabbage has a plain taste, adding little spice to it will add flavor to the curry.
List of ingredients:
- 1/2 cabbage
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2tbsp chopped garlic
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds.
- 4 red chillies
- 3 small pieces cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the onions and garlic for few minutes
- Add the ground masala. Fry till the raw smell goes.
- To this add the cabbage and fry for few minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder and peas.
- Add salt and 1/2 cup of water and cook( do not cover ) to a thick gravy consistency.